Friday, March 13, 2015

Feliz Año Nuevo!

December 29, 2014

Hey Everybody! 

What a great week! We really enjoyed ourselves Christmas eve with the two other elders from Santa Teresita who came to celebrate with us, we made an argentine asado, and were able to finish the night off on the roof of our four story apartment building watching the fireworks at midnight! Then on Christmas day, words can't even describe how happy I was to be able to talk with my family! It is crazy to me how much the kids have grown in the last 6 months, and the way things change! It is always the hardest thing to hit the little red button to end the call! 

As we sit here at the very edge of 2014 I look back on this year of my life as a year of so much change, growth, struggle, and just amazingness. Everyday I am reminded of a merciful God who loves us and wants us to do our best, and everyday I am reminded of the strength of the adversary and his wicked desires to bring us down. Just days away from 2015 I hope that each one of us can make the commitment to be a little bit better, to strive a little harder, and to make 2015 the year that we give our hearts to the Lord. With every year that passes we get closer and closer to the long awaited second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and each year we have more and more reasons to strengthen ourselves and our families spiritually and physically for the challenges of the world. 

I believe that 2015 will be a hard year for many people, but I also believe it will be a year full of hope and new beginnings for many. It is my prayer that for all those that I love and care for and for myself, that we can work together to change the world around us. It will only be through our small and simple actions that we change the lives of others, and that we will change our lives. For the last time during 2014 I want to bare my testimony to you all that Christ is our Savior, He suffered and died so that each of us could live and better our lives. I try to be as much like Him as I can, and it is hard to look back at the times that have failed Him, but it is through our mistakes that we get better, and we gain the experiences we need. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church upon the face of the earth where we can find and receive all of the ordinances necessary for our salvation, and that it was restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am so thankful for this gospel and the blessings that I receive everyday from it. 

I want you all to know that I love you guys, and I think about you all, all the time. Have a very happy new year, and may God bless us all during this new year! 

Elder Hall 
 We had a christmas party/Family home evening with our members from San Clemente, it was alot of fun! :) It was funny because both my family and my companion´s family said we were getting fat, we both realized it when we took this picture! haha



 This was the raw meat that we baught for our Argentine Christmas Eve Asado! :) A seasoned meat is a happy meat! Cooking the traditional way! 



 Chorizo, and chicken! We ate SOO much christmas eve! haha 



I learned how to make a traditional argentine sweet bread, that they eat at christmas! It is called ¨Pan Dulce¨!

No comments:

Post a Comment