Friday, March 13, 2015

Buenas Tardes!! :)



February 9, 2015
Hola Amigos,

Man another week is already done with! This one went by especially fast! And because EVERYONE who wrote me this week mentioned it I guess I mine as well mention it here this week marks the week where I only lack 6 months from going home! I am trying not to count and you all keep reminding me! I guess it is time to teach a word that is pretty common here in the mission field! Here would be a general definition of the word Trunky- To be thinking about home, worldly things, ex girlfriends (dear johns are the worst for trunkiness), counting down days, constantly viewing pictures of familiy and friends, and just any kind of form of thinking that may or may not put a missionary into a depressed/nostalgic state of mind. There are two kinds of trunky though, there would be missionary trunky and then familiy trunky where everyone talks about how little time you have left and tells you how much they can{t wait for you to be home! haha Everyone don´t too trunky yet, I still lack a bunch of time! :) 

This week was an alright one, we are still chugging along trying to finish dang temporada (tourist season) all of the investigators that we had have dropped us until march because they are just so busy, and half the contacts we do are people here on vacation that really don´t want to listen to us, and the other half are people here that say to come back in march! So we are struggling a little bit, never the less the Lord still blesses us with just enough people to talk with to keep us from getting down and to keep things progressing! After talking with the offices they told me that they lack another week and a half to have the contract finished on the new chapel! So we continually pray that the Lord will help things go through like we want them inorder to get our place here in San Clemente the soonest posible! 

The weather has been nice and warm, well actually roasting and humid these last two weeks, but the coast is still 500 times better than Buenos Aires if we are talking weather wise! :) 

Also for a little update on Spegazzini, things seem to be going very well for the Silva and 

I think one of the biggest things that I am learning these days is just to be thankful for everything! I realized our lives are a lot better and a lot happier when we are thankful. I try to look at the good in whatever I can, and it is something that personally I struggle with. Sometimes I may joke and point out lots of negative things and I am realizing that is not what I want to be nor who I need to be! So my goal this week is to be positive in all moments even if I am only joking around! I am sure I will see a difference and because I am a missionary and have the opportunity to invite others to make their lives better I want to invite you all to do the same! It´s like a great scripture from Matthew 5:14-16! 

 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

I hope we can all be a light in the dark world that we live in! :) Have a great week everyone! :) 

Elder Hall  

No comments:

Post a Comment