Friday, March 13, 2015

Could I really have hit 18 months this last week?

March 2, 2015

Hola Todos,

Man well as you all can see in the title I hit 18 months on Saturday. I will be honest when I was first starting out my mission I thought I would never make it to this point. It was like an unreachable place that felt like it would take an eternity to get to. Now with every week I get more anxious knowing that my time here in San Clemente is pretty well limited. (I mean I am never 100 percent sure, but it is like 90 percent sure that I will leave the next transfer) and I just don´t know if the time I have left is enough to do everything I feel I need to do! 

Some good news and bad news on the building for the church! The good news is that they sent a team down from Buenos Aires to start painting and fixing things up! They are working hard, and are doing what they can. The bad news is that we figured out in the process of things the main water pipe is broke, and there are some electric problems to fix! YIKES! They did say that they are going to try to do everything possible to get it done before the end of this week so we will see what happens! We are praying that we inaugurate it this sunday! :) 

Nelly is back in San Clemente and we had a great family home evening with her and the family that invited her to learn about the church. It went so well and we were able to feel the spirit so strong. She has a baptismal date for the 28 of March, and I think she is ready to bust down the gates of heck inorder to get into that Baptismal Font. She´s already got her plans to go out and look for the less actives and to go visit investigators with us and she isn´t even a member of the church! 

I am enjoy the new experience of being District Leader as well, it has helped me focus in on things and learn alot more. I have enjoyed getting to plan  out our hour and a half to two hour district meetings each week, and have the chance to learn and share some of the things that I have learned in my mission. On Saturday I had the opportunity to have my first Baptismal Interview. It was a guy named Jose Tome, from españa. The crazy thing about Jose is that he is 94 almost 95 years old! The sisters in my district have been teaching him for a little over a month, and at such an old age he made the decision to get baptized. He is a great man with a very simple testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a neat experience to talk with him, and really to try and feel if he was ready to make such a sacred covenant with the Lord. Sometimes it amazes me the things that the Lord trusts in 18, 19, and 20 year old kids! 

Have a great week! 

Elder Hall  

No comments:

Post a Comment