Wednesday, August 27, 2014

UN AÑO?!?! COMO PUEDE SER?!?!

Buenos Dias! 

Sorry for the delay! I am sure my mother wasn´t the only one who was a little worried that she hadn´t heard from me! We went to San Miguel del Monte on monday (Froze our colas(tails) off!) and then missed the train and a bus, so we didn`t get back till late and couldn´t email. Then yesterday we had lots of set appointments, and I couldn´t bring myself to cancel them! So we just now, wednesday morning are getting the chance to email! 

I gotta start out by saying thanks to everyone who participated in the one year video, and especially to my mom for putting it all together. Needless to say I sat for a good ten minutes crying watching and reading all of the little signs and looking at all the pictures from the friends and family that I love so much! If you haven´t had a chance to check it out here is the link! 


So of course I gotta talk about what it feels like to be at the half way point of my mission. Truth to be told this week, I guess you could say I have sort of been in the one year crisis, that is some small way every missionary goes through. There are two different crisis's though. One is the, ``oh crud, how am I going to survive another year of this!´´ and the other is, ``This is passing so fast I don´t know how I am going to do it all with only one year left!´´ I would happen to be in the second of the two. Honestly these last 4 weeks with Elder Mortensen have just flown by. It easily easily has been the fastest transfer of my mission. I can´t believe we are already in the middle of week 5! Time is passing by a hundred times faster now then it was at the beginning of my mission, and it felt fast at that moment as well! 

I have decided that this will be a year of obedience. It will be the year that I give all of my heart, might, mind, and strength to the Lord. That I will finally become and reach the person that I want to be. For all of my mission it has been, of I still have forever to change these things, and to be who I want to become, but now it has come to the point where I can see the end, and I just hope that I can achieve what I want to.

The Lord has made many changes in my heart in the last twelve months, and now it is time that I dedicate the next twelve months, to helping to change the hearts of others. I am going to do all that I can to consecrate my life, my thoughts, and my actions to the Lord, so that when I am back here in one year writing my final email, I can say that I gave my all, and that my work here in Argentina is done.

I am so grateful for the testimony that I have gained over the last year, as I have watched the Lord´s hand work in the lives of these people who I have grown to love so much. If there is a lesson I have learned while I have been here, is how to love the people. It is a marvelous work to be in, and to be able to talk with people for 20 minute share my testimony, and just feel a love for them as if I had known them all my life. 

I also know the importance of the family. The importance of having good parents, and trying to do everything we can to help out our families. How thankful I am to be here in Argentina, to be able to be a servant of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know with out a single doubt in my heart, that this is His gospel. And I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for this great opportunity that I have to be here, and for the blessings in my life, even when I don´t  deserve them. I thank each and everyone of you for a years worth of prayers, on my behalf and I ask that you please stick with me for another year, and continue to pray for all of the missionaries who are out serving. I love you all more then a simple letter, or words on a page could describe, and I love my Savior, and am eternally indebted to Him for the sacrifice He made for me. 


Con Muchisimo Amor, 
Elder Hall   

No comments:

Post a Comment