Monday, September 8, 2014

Another week down! :)

Buenas Tardes a todos! 

Hope everyone is doing good! We have had a great week this week, with lots, and lots of work! It is pretty awesome to see our area as it starts to take off! This weekend we had the baptism of Bruno Morales who is 9 years old! Finally after quite a while of teaching him, and his family, everyone is going to church and he was able to be baptized! I had the privilege of performing the ordinance, and it was pretty memorable. 1. because it was the baptism of a kid who is basically like my argentine little brother!, and 2. the water was cold! (The zone leaders didn´t turn the water on, soon enough so it got filled up with cold water! ) brrr! Then on sunday my companion confirmed him a member of the church.

It is such an amazing experience to see someone go through the process, of not knowing anything about the church, to starting to have desires to learn more, then gaining a testimony, and then finally entering into the waters of baptism. The change that I have seen in this family is incredible, and after the baptism Brother Morales sent us a text telling us that their family will be eternally greatful for  the change that we have helped to bring into their home. Hermano Morales has a goal to get the Melquizedek Priesthood in October, and then Tatiana and Karen his other two daughters have baptismal dates for the end of september! The parents now have a much better relationship, and just things are looking up for them, my only prayer and desire of my heart is that this family can just keep going that they can continue reading the scriptures, attending church, and praying, and I know that they will be ok, and that the lord will help them! 

I am just thankful to  be here in the mission, I am thankful for all of the blessings that the Lord gives me, and the patience that He has with me. I know I am a servant, who lacks a lot but at the end of the day I am trying to do all I can to help others to come unto Christ, to help the experience the joy that comes from this amazing gospel. I love you all, and hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Hall 


My Companion and I, and then the Familia Morales and us! Elder Mortensen, Me, Tatiana (19), Karen (16), Bruno (9), Manuela, Daniel! I love this family so much! They are  one of my favorites that I have met here in Argentina! 

No comments:

Post a Comment