Thursday, September 19, 2013

HALF WAY DONE AT THE MTC!! SAY WHAT?!?!

(Email 9/19/13)

Hola Mis Amigos,
  Yo espero todo ustedes, es muy bien! (Ok that says I hope all of you are doing well, but I am not sure that it is right!) Not including that sentence my spanish is finally starting to come along, I can at least survive in Argentina, and share a short gospel message ;) If you can't quite tell from my writing, I am doing great! This was such a great week here at the MTC, and time is flying by so fast! I seriously think this has been the fastest week of my life! 

The days just basically all blend together, full of lots of studying, and teaching our progressive investigators (MTC Teachers). We are currently teaching a lady named Luz, and another guy name Carlos. Luz has definetly been harder to teach. Mainly because you never know how she is going to respond to a question, or what she might ask. Yesterday we had a fantastic lesson with her, we taught about how after Christ was crucified, and the Apostles were killed that the Authority of the Priesthood was lost, we explained that this is why Joseph Smith was called to Restore the Gospel to the earth again. Then we taught about how through this priesthood and its ordinances families can be together forever. And that the first step was to be baptized by someone holding the proper authority of god. I asked her if she would be baptized and she said yes. The spirit was so strong, that I was choked up while bearing my testimony and she was crying.

If there is one thing that I have the strongest testimony on it is that of family. In these short  23 days, I have had a love that has grown for my family that is stronger then anything on this earth, and the bond that has developed CAN NOT be broken by the end of our mortal lives. Without a single doubt in my mind. I know that through the power of the restored priesthood of God, my family will live together through out the eternities, long after this life is over. It kills me to be away from the little kids, and those I love, for me that is the hardest part. And I knew before I even got my mission call that this would be the greatest challenge for me. Through this weakness the Lord has blessed me with so many tender mercies, and I know he has allowed me to grow stronger and to develop these everlasting bonds of love with my family so that I can stand before any man, and testify to him that through the power and grace of God, our familes can be together for ever.

At our Tuesday night devotional, Elder Gregory Schwitzer of the 70, and his wife spoke. They both gave great talks and we all left so uplifted and ready to take on the world! My favorite quote of the night was by Sister Schwitzer though, she said, "Every single day for the next to years, you will think about your home and family, but every single day for the rest of your life, you will think about these two years!" I love when I get things put into perspective! Our entire district also sang in the Choir, we sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer. WOW. Is all I have to say, in the full MTC Choir there is about 1000 missionaries, you wanna talk about  powerful! 

The rest of the week has just been alot of studying and teaching, the day to day life doesn't change much here at the MTC! I was released as district leader this past sunday, Elder Durham and I knew it was my last sunday as DL and so saturday night we were joking around about how we would actually get to have a regular sunday and not have to wake up early for meetings! Well we get to sacrament meeting and guess who gets called as the new District Leader, my companion! So we still have to get up early on sundays... 

I just want to let you all know how much I love and miss you! Thank you to everyone who has sent packages, and letters. There seriously is no better thing here at the MTC then to get mail! I pray for and think about all of you regularly!

Con Amor,

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment