Monday, December 15, 2014

Feliz Día del Pavo! (Ya sounds better in english, Happy Turkey Day!)

(email from 11/24/14)

Buenas Tardes! :) 

Hope you all have had a great week! This week was a good one for us here in San Clemente! We had the opportunity to help out lots of people with service this week, and had alot of fun! I always love getting to do service for members, for one it relaxes me to be able to work a little with my hands, (it is strange to think that this was something 3 years ago I hated, and now something I miss doing!) and to be able to help people out on another level! With it being Thanksgiving this week, I had to have a special themed letter this week commemorating for one, the start of my favorite time of the year, and for two to express how grateful I am for all that I have! There is a scripture in Psalms 100:3-5, that I really like it says,
3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
I thought it was a pretty fitting scripture for this weeks theme, and this week I will definitely be trying to focus in on the things that I am grateful for. (Alright I have a problem I am not sure if it is greatful, or grateful...ugh.)  This year I imagine it won´t be as hard for me to be away from home and let me tell you I am thankful for that. It is something that brings me a strong sense of security to know with out a doubt that the Lord is protecting, and blessing my family and loved ones while I am away, and to know that during this holiday season I will be able to enjoy the time that I have with the people that I have come to love here. 

This Thanksgiving, words can not describe the feeling of gratitude that I have for my Savior and the amazing opportunity that I have to help others come unto Him. I am grateful for my family and for how they have supported me through out my life, and especially during this time as a missionary. I suppose this year I am thankful for alot of things that maybe last year and the year before that I might have taken for granted. I hope that during this next week all of us can take the time to ponder over the things that truly are important, to throw the things that don´t matter to the side, and make time for the things that truly matter, forgive those that we need to forgive, and take time to give thanks for the blessings that we receive each day. 

I hope that this year when your all stuffing your faces with the food that I love that you can take a second, and just offer a little prayer to bless all of the missionaries and the people who are waiting for the gospel and that we will be able to find them. I am thankful for each and every one of you! Love you all, Happy Thanksgiving! 

Elder Hall 

Ok so this is disgusting but our water has been super gross lately, and the sink leaks so it turns everything rusty orange, well today I had enough and went super clean on it! Really the whole apartment my companion and I deep cleaned! Finally a companion who knows how to clean good! :) 


 Alright so you guys have all seen the evolution of my cake skills! This week was the best! IT turned out soo good, and everyone was impressed! haha if only I had a better tray to present it on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment