Monday, December 15, 2014

Feliz Diciembre y 15 Meses! :)

Hey Everybody! 

Well I hope your all finishing off those delicious Thanksgiving left overs! I could go for a cold turkey sandwich right now! haha :) We had a really good week this week, and I know alot of it came from all the prayers that were said on our behalf! I have to say that Thanksgiving day was one of the best days that we have had here in San Clemente, and since then we have felt a special spirit here, and have a rejuvenated hope for this little town! 

We also found out on Saturday night, that E. Racchumí and I will be together through out this next transfer! Crazy to think that today more then 63 companionships of missionaries are changing areas all over the South of Buenos Aires! I am happy that my companion and I are staying here for a couple of reasons, 1. He is getting to be a good friend, and we are working really well together, 2. San Clemente is an absolute maze, and I need 6 weeks more with someone who knows his way around, and 3. We will be together for Christmas and New Years! 

This week we have had some pretty spiritual lessons, and have had the opportunity to find some new investigators! One of the best things that happened is that on Thanksgiving night we had a big Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with some members, the branch pres. and his wife, and our investigator Nelly! Nelly is amazing, and a crack up she literally is a crazy little old lady (but crazy in a good way! She has quite the personality!) she has been a super active catholic for all her life (75 Years) and spent over 30 years as a Catequist teacher. She has been an investigator for about 6 months now and over these last 6 months she has gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and of the Restoration of the Gospel through the Prophet Jose (Natural spanish reaction...Joseph Smith.) but has been a bit unsure if she was ready to commit to be baptized. Well I can say that all of your guy´s thanksgiving prayers truly helped us out. Nelly agreed to be baptized  on January 10, and honestly we all felt a special spirit as we selected that date. She expressed her testimony of the truthfulness of what she has been learning, and the way the spirit had manifested it to her. It was a special moment for all of us, and our hope is that all goes well as she can be baptized on the 10th. During the weekend at an activity she was going around telling everybody she was going to get baptized, and was super excited. 

I am thankful to be here in San Clemente as I have gotten to know the members, and our investigators here I begining to love them all, and feel that really God sent me here for a reason. As of right now we still do not have an official place to have our church meetings, but we have spoken with the Mission Presidency, and they have talked with the Area Authorities. They still arent sure if they want to commit by renting a place because of the small amount of members that we have here, but it is an option if we can´t find a member´s house to use. They said that if they rent a place that it is very likely that they would make an official branch here. As always I ask for your continued prayers for my companion and I, and for the people of San Clemente, I have faith that very soon things are going to change here, they already are starting just requires lots of work, patience, and trust in the Lord. 

Have a great week everybody! Love you and miss you all! 

Elder Hall 

 Our District! :) 

 Holy smokes these have taken me forever to write! About 24 letters this year! :) (all of them are not shown!)


 One of our Seminary students who her and her family recieved certificates for participating in Seminary and Institute! The missionaries started the program here, and so I got to reap the benefits and travel to Pina Mar on saturday night for the graduation! :) 

 When we were coming back from Pinamar we got caught in a HUGE storm that came in off the ocean, and we had to pull off the road and wait for 30 minutes it was so strong! We had alot of fun laughing, and spending time with the members as we came back! The grandma aged lady is Nelly! 


Alright so I made a traditonal Argentine Dessert, it is called Pasta Frola and it is amazing I love them so I asked a sister for the recipe! Starts with pie crust dough! And then you buy what they call membrillo, I dont have a clue what it is in english (i am not sure it exists) it is a type of fruit. Then you have to mush it up! And then spread it all over the crust! Then you do a sorta latticed top, and throw it in the oven! Let´s just say everyone was super impressed because it turned out so good!! :) haha 






No comments:

Post a Comment