Monday, December 15, 2014

See ya nice weather, hello summer...Que Calor!

(email from 12/08/14)

Buenas Tardes! :)

Man today I am pretty tired, we just got back from San Bernardo which is an hour away in a hot bus after having our District activity! The activity was fun we ate peruvian food, and watched How to Train your Dragon 2, which was pretty good, and I got a hair cut (and we may or may not have played poker as we waited for lunch haha) Lets just say Hermana Ostler (Utah) beat us all, it was like an international tournament between three americans, a colombian, a brazilian, with peruvian commentaries! (All for fun though obviously weren´t betting money or anything!) 

This week we had a pretty good week, we were able to find a few new people and have a few investigators who are really starting to progress we have 3 baptismal dates for the 3rd, and 1 for the 10th of January. I am pretty sure we will have to change some of the dates, but they are all people who if they put their minds to it have lots of potential, and could be strong members of the church in the future. :) 

A little update on Nelly tuesday we get a call saying her son fell from a high place while painting at work at severly fractured his leg, so she had to go to Buenos Aires and doesn´t know when she is going to come back to San Clemente because she has to help him with everything because he lives alone! Ugh... seriously it is always something!! But we haven´t given up hope we are praying that her son Omar gets better soon, and that all goes well and she can still get baptized on the 10th! We have talked with her a few times and is doing well, and her son after surgery on friday is making a recovery, so it is all in God`s hands. 

This sunday we had a whopping 12 members in church! 0 of which were from San Clemente. It was stormy and it is starting to gert busy with tourists so lots of people were working. The branch president told us that all of the active members go inactive for January and February because they work 7 days a week, but the church fills up with tourists. It is one of the trials that we are going to have here because almost everyone with exception to the retired people, make all their money for the year in these two months. Sometimes it is hard to have only 1 or 2 members from our side at church every sunday, but it is just one of the trials of San Clemente, I know that one day the work will start to progess and meanwhile my companion and I are trying to do all that we can too help strengthen things here. 

One of my favorite scriptures is from the Book of Ether in El Libro de Mormón,
Ether 12:6
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
I know that right now San Clemente is in what would be the trial of our faith as missionaries, and a trial of the faith of the members, I also know with out a doubt that if we do all we can the Lord will show a witness of our efforts just in his due time. 

One of my other favorite scriptures is also found in Ether 12, verse 27 it says,
 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
As I try to become a better person, and a better missionary I have asked to be able to see my weakness, and to be able to overcome them just as it says in the scripture, and let me tell you all, when we ask the Lord to show us our weaknesses he makes it very clear what they are, very clear. haha But it is a good thing, because through our trials and our weaknesses, we test our faith in the Lord and we become strong, we become the people the Lord wants us to be and the people that He needs us to be.  

If you are wanting a better life, take Moroni´s challenge and ask the Lord to show you your weaknesses. I promise it will be tough, but it will be worth it. As we change our lives little by little, we change the world around us, and we help  to ¨hasten the work¨ of the Lord. I share my testimony that the Lord will make us strong, and that His grace truly is sufficient for all those who wish to come unto Him. Have a wonderful week! :) Love you all! 

Elder Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment