Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad :)

Feliz Navidad mis Queridos Amigos y Familiares!

I can´t believe we are finally here at the week of Christmas! This year has gone by so fast! It feels like just yesterday I was in Villa España with Elder Garcia roasting my tail off in the hot and humid sauna of Buenos Aires. And now here I am a few days away from being here in Argentina for 16 months with a companion who is basically in the place that I was last year! Where in the world this year has gone I don´t know, all I know is it escaped before I even realized it. The months are just flying by so fast that I can´t even keep track! :) 

This we had a great week here! We have had some more great experiences sharing the ¨He is the Gift¨ video, and a really busy week in general. On Friday we had our Branch Christmas party and it was a lot fun. Only a few of the members from San Clemente were able to attend so tomorrow night we will be having one here, with our members! We were busy trying to make some souvenir type gift using the ¨He is the Gift¨cards and that night I didn´t get to bed on time, but they turned out great! We also had to travel to Pinamar (again...) so a nice 5 hours on a bus was a lot of fun... (not) I am getting sick of traveling haha. 

I have been thinking a lot about Christmas this last week, and also thinking about Christmas last year and I am so glad that I see things differently this year. Last year I was so caught up in how it was so different here, and hot, and just how it didn´t feel like Christmas that I really didn´t enjoy it as much I could have, the one thing I have to say though is that last year I didn´t really understand my purpose as a missionary and this year I may not understand it perfectly but I feel like I understand it a lot better then last year! This year I have committed myself to try to focus on the people and helping them out rather then thinking about myself, and I have to say so far I have enjoyed things a lot more this year. :)  

I realized what an amazing privilege I have to be a servant of the Lord as we celebrate his birth and to be able to commit myself to sharing his message and the true meaning of Christmas with the people of San Clemente. This Christmas the only thing that I truly want with all of my heart is that those that I have come to love so much here in Argentina (in all of my areas) continue on in the path of the Lord, and that I can be the missionary that these people need to get started or to continue on here in San Clemente. I wish there was a way that I could go and see all of the families that I was so close to this Christmas. I love them all so much and I miss them as if they were members of my family that I have known all my life. 

I am so thankful to be a missionary this Christmas, I want you all to know that I know Jesus is the Christ and He is our Lord and Savior. As we celebrate this wonderful time of the year I hope each and everyone of  you  can take the time to think about the wonderful gift that our loving Heavenly Father gave each of us. 
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 What more could we ask for. I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for this time of the year when the rest of the world joins with us to remember the man who we remember everyday. May we use this time to enjoy the time with our friends and families, to help those in needs, and the recommit ourselves to being better Christians during 2015. I love you all, this Christmas you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Have a very merry Christmas! :) 

Elder Hall 
 Christmas gifts that we made by hand for our members and investigators! 


 Missionaries at the christmas party! hahaha

I have found Papa Kenny´s argentine twin! Hermano Victor, literally he has the same personality as papa ken, humor, use of language, haha so many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment