Monday, November 17, 2014

Mis Queridos Amigitos :)

Hope everyone has had another excelente week! Here in San Clemente we had a truly memorable week, mainly because we weren´t actually in San Clemente and we had the opportunity to meet and listen to Elder Russel M. Nelson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, and Elder Jorge Zeballos of the 70. What an amazing experience to get to listen to one of the 12 Apostles in person, and to be able to shake his hand. There were many teachings that we learned during the conference, too many to share but there is one experience I would like to share. 

Before the conference started as I sat there pondering I said a little prayer asking God to give me a confirmation of the testimony that I already had that Elder Nelson truly is one of His chosen servants here on the earth today. I thought I would receive it as I shook his hand, but it didn´t come at that moment, but as he began to talk and l listened to his words I truly felt the spirit testify that what he was saying was true, and as he finished his talk something truly remarkable happened. He paused for a second, and then said, ¨I would like to leave on Apostolic Blessing upon you all, invoking the keys of the holy apostleship that are invested in me I bless you...¨ and as he said those words the spirit was like fire in the room. It was so strong it was tangible in the air. We all truly received an apostolic blessing, and since that blessing was placed upon us there have been miracles that have happened in the lives of other missionaries, and truly a special spirit over the entire mission. 

I would like to add my own personal testimony that the head of La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Úlitimos Días is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and that below Him he has a Prophet Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides the church, and that we also have 12 special witnesses of Christ who walk the earth today who hold the sacred keys of the Priesthood and of the Holy Apostleship just as those great apostles of old. Some might say that as a missionary I have to say that, but I can testify that I have felt the Holy Ghost witness the truthfulness of these things in my life, and I have seen the affect of these things in the lives of others. What a marvelous blessing to live in a time of Prophets and Apostles  and to not have to live in the dark days of apostasy, and that anyone who wants to can receive the light of  the restored gospel in their lives. 

It was a pretty great week, still trying to find investigators and help those that we have progress. The coast is proving to be a bit of a challenge, and it is killing us not having the meetings close by. We had one member who came to church from San Clemente, luckily we found a house to have the meetings now we just need the leaders of the District (Stake) to approve the location! I ask for your prayers that we can get a place here in San Clemente, and just a general prayer for those here in this area! Hope all is well! :) Enjoy november, it is my favorite month back home! :) 

Love,
Elder Hall  

 Navajo Tacos Argentine Style! (With Lentils!) Delicious! :) 

 Traveling to Buenos Aires to listen to Elder Nelson! 

A beautiful view traveling! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment