Monday, November 3, 2014

Una Buena Semana Más en la Misión!

Well Amigos here we are again another Monday! In case you guys were wondering time still gets faster and faster every transfer in the mission! I did something this week, that I shouldn´t have done. I believe it was my companion who asked me about my release date as a missionary (August 10, 2015) and I counted how many months until August 10, and it is only 9 months away. Yikes........ It made a knot in my stomach, I always tell people that I have been here 14 months now, I never do a count down, and I know why now! haha 

 It got cold again this week, and we have tons of rain. In fact tuesday night after watching 17 Miracles (A movie about Mormon Pioneers and all of their hardships crossing America.) for a family home evening we got caught in probably the hardest rainstorm I have ever been in! As we rode home my companion and I just died laughing because of how outrageous the wind, and water were. Riding on our bikes, we had water above our ankles riding down some parts of the streets, so really our bikes turned into half boats that night! It made me laugh even more because I shared my testimony about my 5th Great Grandfather who was one of the mormon pioneers that crossed the plains, and just telling the family about how we don´t have anything to complain about these days! 

This week we had a little bit of a harder week as far as teaching goes! It has been super hard to catch the people in their houses! Little by little we are losing investigators who have chosen not to continue learning, but we are also finding new people who want to progress. So it is eveing out. We are really trying to work with the members thgis week,and especially the leaders of our little group so that we can get things progressing. It is hard having such a small group of members, but as one of my favorite prophets in the Book of Mormon says in Alma 37:6-7, 
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

Like my phrase, ¨poco a poco¨ things will begin to change, and I am sure that with the help of the Lord, we will be able to lift our little group up! :) 

We had interviews with President Thurgood saturday, and then afterwards he spoke in the District Conference and once again I was reminded of what an amazing man he is. Seriously I hope that one day I can be half the man that he is. He is probably one of the most humble men I have ever met, and just wants to do the very best he can to help us as missionaries, and the people here in Argentina!  

Well my time is just about up! I love and miss you all, and would love to hear from you guys! Have a great week! 

Elder Hall 

 Elder Rachhumí cooking up some fish! (And he made some awesome peruvian rice!) 

 Our Pension! One of the nicest I have had! It is great because it actually has couches and furniture! 

 Alright this was a strange flashback to my first area! My companion walks in to the bathroom, and finds a random frog that some how made his way in!

 So we changed some US dollars over for a really super great exchange rate, and bought pizza and empanadas to celebrate!

 Alright this week, we got flipping soaked.....It was the strongest storm I had ever been in here in argentina and we were on bikes! 

 So we are the seminary teachers here so I thought, ¨hey, why not make a cake to share!¨The first picture it looks normal, and then after that I am not sure what happened! So weird! 



After District Conference on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment