Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz Nuevo Año!

(so this mom is a week behind on posting, sorry!)

Hola mis Amigos y Familia! 

I hope you all had a great christmas, mine was a little warm, but very good. It was so nice to be able to talk to my family, even though the time just flew by! They celebrate Christmas just like we celebrate the fourth of July so it was weird, but a lot of fun. 

This week I learned alot about listening to the spirit as we prepare our investigators for baptism, and the importance of the baptismal interview. The lord has given us this tool to help make sure that our investigators are prepared for baptism. We ended up not having our baptisms this week but I can tell you I learned more from not having baptisms then if we would have had them. 

We found out saturday night that Elder Garcia was being transfered to Avellaneda where he will be a District Leader. That was a hard phone call for both of us, and after he hung up, there was a big hug, and we were both sad, but excited for this new change. You get pretty close to someone, when you spend twenty four hours a day, seven days a week together, for 3 months! (Or you kill each other! Luckily elder Garcia just became one of my best friends!) 

I have been sick (like horribly sick) for the last three days so I didn´t get to go to the transfer meeting, I have been in bed all day, but my new companion just made it to the Cyber his name is Elder Layzo from Peru! (Apparently I am destined for peruvian companions!) I havent really had the chance to talk to him much, but I am pretty sure we are going to work just fine with other, he is 19 years old, has 10 months in the mission, I am excited to get to know him a little better, and I will let you all know more about him next week! 

I am starting to feel sick again, so I am going to send this one off! Thank you all for the merry christmas emails, they ment alot. Love ya all! 

Elder Hall 

 I found Brett! On Monday in Banfield for the Christmas Lunch at the Mission home! So cool to meet up with Elder Holmes after not seeing each other since 5th Grade!

 What´s Christmas Eve with out a note and some treats for Santa Claus? 

 Afternoon lunch of Asado!

 The infamous Blood Sausage...(moms note, if you all wonder why Elder Hall mentions being sick well this non appetizing thing is the answer! He ate it & suffered the consequences of it for 2 days with time spent in bed & in the bathroom, I feel bad for him, but then again I can look at that hunk of meat & say no thanks!)

 Fireworks at Midnight!

We found this little guy in our bathroom! haha Surprise! (Still not sure how he got in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment