Monday, January 13, 2014

¡Semana 20 de La Misión!

Querido Amigos y Familia,

Espero que todo está bien en casa! :) Elder De Loayza and I have had a pretty good week this week! It has been a hard week, but a good one! We have been looking for investigators like crazy this past week, and just really trying to find some people to teach! We had a day where we walked probably close to 8 miles, and I am not exaggerating. It was a not very fun day, we had plans made and names to stop by for every part of the day, and we had 1 lesson. 1 lesson... Then we had other days this week where we were teaching more then 5 lessons a day, and contacting people, and had great success! So it was a different week in this aspect! 

We got caught in this wild rain storm, on tuesday, that was like some one had a fire hose pointed straight at us, after two blocks we were soaked hasta al hueso (to the bone)! But during the whole time we were just laughing because it seriously was just outrageous the amount of water and wind! 

Elder De Loayza is great, he is kicked back and a really hard worker. We are a great team, and I am learning so much from him! He is a really good listener in lessons and doesn´t talk a lot, but when he says something it is articulated to exactly what the person needs, and his spirit packs a punch! :) (Interesting phrasing on that one, I know haha) 

Another thing in the last two weeks my spanish has gotten good. Like the Lord has blessed me with the ability to finally start to really communicate with the people, to listen to what they have to say, and to be directed by the spirit to what they need to know or how I can help them. It also helps that because I am directing the area, I do a ton of talking, and so I have gained alot more confidence, and it really has just been awesome. I still have a long ways to go, to be at a fluent fluent level, but as of right now, I am very happy with where I am at! 

Yesterday, will also be a day in the mission I will never forget. During our afternoon study hour, I finished the Book of Mormon for the very first time cover to cover. Now yes some of you might be thinking, how can Brennen be out telling people and teaching about the Book of Mormon if he has never read it? Well that is a good question, I have read lots of different parts of it at different times, and I have prayed about it, and before I did have a testimony of the truthfulness of this book. But after I had finished the last chapter of the Book of Mormon, I did as Moroni the very last prophet to write in the Book of Mormon says,  
 
¨3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.¨

I kneeled down by my bed, and I offered up a prayer, with all the faith that I had, asking my Heavenly Father to reaffirm the testimony of the truthfulness of this Testament of Christ I already had. My family and friends, I can not deny the feelings that washed over me, I was overcome with a peace and joy, that I will always remember. I have always known for myself the Book of Mormon is the word of God, along with the bible, but now I have a new found sense of strength to be able to testify to anyone, anywhere of the blessings that can be found in the Book of Mormon. I know with all my heart, and I pray that although these are just letters on a page, you all can feel a small sliver of my testimony through this email. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, it was written for us in this day, and age, and I know with every fiber in me that anyone who wants to come to know Christ and their Father in Heaven better, can do just that as they apply those sacred teachings of the Book of Mormon to their lives. 

I love you all, and I pray that you all would take the time, and read the Book of Mormon, I know there is strength and power found in its pages. All is well here in Buenos Aires, and I pray the same for all of you. 

Con Todo Mi Amor,

Elder Hall 


No comments:

Post a Comment