Friday, July 31, 2015

Is it possible to only have 3 weeks left of your mission?!

Buenas Tardes! 

Man oh man oh man.........I don´t even think you guys understand, ok well maybe some of you have an idea of what it is like to only have 21 days left of your mission. It is finally starting to sink in and it is kinda freaking me out! haha I am trying not to think about it because it just makes me kinda anxious and sad and happy and just everything at once! 

This week has been a pretty good one, it flew by (what a surprise...) but we were able to find some pretty cool new people and some of our other investigators have decided that they want to progress and not just listen to us so we will see what things come from them! My comp and I are super happy because we have been working with the leaders of our ward trying to get things moving here and we have been able to gain the confidence of quite of few of the leaders and so yesterday in Ward Council we were able to get some great plans made and we have already started putting them into effect trying to help the ward out because it is falling pretty quick. We normally had at least 50 people who attended and this last month we have had just over 35 so the leaders are getting pretty worried. So we are trying to get everything up and moving! 

So last week I didn´t want my letter to be super long so I wasn´t able to finish sharing my experience about finishing el Libro de Mormón for the second time two weeks ago. I actually read it a little different this last time because I grabbed a blue pass along version and I marked all of the parts where it talks about being obedient to the commandments of God and the blessings that come from it and I must say I was quite impressed. The Lord always always always helped out and blessed his people when they obeyed His commandments and it was one of the biggest lessons that I took from reading it this time. It really helped me strengthen my faith in God and in His commandments, at times I have felt that the commandments have been a weight on my back but now I understand that they quite honestly were the opposite. As tradition and because of the admonition of the Prophet Moroni in the last chapter of the Book of Mormon after finishing I kneeled down to ask if it was true and as I was praying I couldn´t bring myself to ask if the Book was true. I just had a such a strong feeling that it was already true and my testimony has grown so much over the last two years it just didn´t seem right to ask if it was true, because I already know it is. So as I prayed I asked my Heavenly Father for a confirmation that I am still on the path that He wants me to be on, and my heart was filled with such a sweet spirit. 

I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and for the guidance and direction we can receive from Him. I am also thankful that our Heavenly Father is patient with us and allows us to continue asking for help, He doesn´t just kick us out and never communicate with us again. My dear friends and family I promise you all as a humble servant of our Lord Jesus Christ that if in any moment you would like to get closer to and feel the personal love our Savior has for each and every one of you open up the Book of Mormon, read, and then ask Him if what you have read is true. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the personal ways that the Spirit has touched my heart to let me know that it is true. For all those who accepted my Book of Mormon Challenge I encourage you to keep on reading! And if you got behind keep on going, the most important thing is to read! 

I hope you all know how much I love you guys and that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Very soon I´ll have the chance to tell you guys about all of this and a whole lot more in person, but until then I ask that you keep my investigators, the members and I in your prayers. Have a great week! :) 

Elder Hall  
 Mate! Here is my mate cup with the yerba (herb mate) and then the whole set of things that I bought. The big case is leather that they made up in the northern part of Arg. very rarely do you find cool things like this here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment