Monday, April 7, 2014

Buen Dia de Argentina :)

Hola Queridos Amigos y Familia,

We had another great week here in La Plata,  I am still getting to know the members, but so far I really am enjoying it. The weather has been a little weird this week, (imagine that weird weather in the ¨land of who knows what will fall from the sky tomorrow¨!) when I left Villa España it was starting to get chilly, and then the last two weeks it has been back warm, and this week there was so much humidity! Then for the last three days it has been really windy, dark, and rainy!  So honestly who knows, maybe this storm will finally have brought the cold in! 

We spent two days helping the Bishop and his son, connect, a bathroom drain, to the sanja (wich is like a ditch along side of the streets) so we did a lot of ditch digging in horribly nasty sticky clay! I loved it! You see my companion likes to give me heck becuase he did some kind of military service and is so strong, blah. blah. blah. well Elder Herrera has never been to the Good Ole Shoveling school of Ken and Todd Hall. Let´s just say I kicked his butt in shoveling stuff out. hahaha :)  

This week was also filled with quite a few challenges. Our investigator Laura, whose baptism, and marriage to her husband was supposed to be this weekend, but she unfortunately had some problems come up, and they won´t be getting married until May now, and then afterwards we will have her baptism. And well our other investigator whose baptism was supposed to be on April 11th, we found him drunk out of his mind wandering the street, so we have to continue teaching him, and hopefully we can help him break his alcoholism, because he really is a great guy that has desires to follow Christ. So it certainly was an interesting week, but we ended things on a good note, by listening to General Conference! 

It was so nice to get to sit back for two days, and listen to our Prophet, the Apostles, and other General Authorities of the Church. I was very uplifted, and I got to watch it in English! :)  I think one of my favorite talks was Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the 70´s talk about the Restoration of the Gospel! 
I loved the way he expressed everything. I hope that all of my friends and family, both members of the church, and non-members can take 5 minutes and watch this great talk. It expresses so many doctrines simply, and in a short time, that are unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! 

I also really enjoyed Elder Neil L. Anderson´s talk in the Saturday Morning Session, and how he said that, ¨The Lord will not just glide into the second coming.¨ and there was a few talks about how it isn´t always going to be easy to be a member of the church. The standards of the world are slipping farther and farther away from the standards of traditional christianity, and as the world slips away the trials and persecution of all faithful christians will increase. My prayer is that we really can start to strengthen ourselves, and our families, and defend our beliefs, in a manner that the Savior would approve of. 

How lucky we are to have a Prophet, and Apostles who truly recieve revelation, and are there to guide us in this day and age. I along with all those that were given this weekend bear my testimony that our Savior lives, that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and that as we study the teachings found in the Book of Mormon, and Bible, we will be strengthened to fight off the temptations of the world! Love you all! 

Elder Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment