Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I´m dreaming of a white...hot...christmas!

¡Hola mis amados amigos y familia! 

Another week down in the mission! I am the only one who feels like these weeks are flying bye faster then we can count! Time is ¨melting¨ here in Argentina, I can´t believe we only have two more weeks left of this transfer. I feel like I am going to stay here for at least one more transfer, but I think my Peruvian Papá (Not sure if I ever talked about it, but they don´t use ¨greenie¨ traditional new missionary phrase here in argentina. They use hijo (Son) and Papá (Dad)) is headed to another place! He has 6 months now here in Villa España so it would be pretty crazy if I left and he stayed here! But hey, I will go where the Lord wants me to go! 

So as I hinted at, it is...HOT here! The sun is like crazy strong, and let me tell you the humidity isn´t even at its worst yet, but it is absolutely terrible! For my Arizona amigos, it is like the worst day of humidity and heat in august, but worse every day here! So I am using alot of sun block and looking for shade. I am wishing I could throw my cowboy hat on! Never realized how much that helps until I can´t use it! But I am surviving. It is almost impossible to imagine that it is cold at home. I am sure when winter hits I will be crying for sunshine. So I guess I gotta learn to suck it up! (And appreciate my good AZ weather!) haha While you guys are freezing at home, we had a water balloon fight for a zone activity. Loco! 

This week we had an open house at the church and we had such a good turn out! The members really helped out, and it was just a great success. I don´t know why they don´t do these kind of programs in the states, (Or maybe they have started) but basically the missionaries just gave tours of the church and talked about our basic beliefs and then every member organization (Youth, Women, Men, Children) had members of the church there to explain things! We received just under thirty references, and three people excepted baptismal dates! So we have some work to do, to try and contact all of these people this coming week! 

Some other good news is, we got the official word that our branch will be receiving a set of sister missionaries this Thursday! So we are excited to split the area, although we are going to lose some of our favorite families, (The Nuñez Family :( ) but I know that sisters are going to be great for this area and give it the boost it needs! 

 I am really learning about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It is amazing as I have really taken the opportunity to study and read it how much I have learned, and the special spirit that it has. It´s teachings are clear and basic, and they can help us all. 

I have accepted that Christmas is kinda lame here this week, and just went with it. So I am not letting it bother me, and adapting to the traditions here. I am so excited to get to talk with my family on Christmas though!

Everything is going great, and I am loving it here! I hope and pray all is well at home with everyone! One last note, as some of you know I have my blog elderbrennenhall.blogspot.com that my mom puts pictures on every week, and occasionally videos! Love you all! 

Elder Hall 

On Sunday we received a phone call from Elder & Sister Ehmke that are from Show Low that Elder Hall had trainings with a few weeks ago! What an awesome thing to get a phone call saying what an amazing young man he is, (we all know that already!) However for a mom to get that kind of a phone call to solidify what I already know about him is awesome! They said the Argentine's love him and he has a way with them. They also said his ability to speak the language is amazing, that when they first met him they thought he was probably about the 18 month mark, never wouldn've guess he had only been out 3 months! They told us he is very loved & well taken care of in his branch & that him & his companion have a great companionship and are doing very well & that as his parents we have nothing to worry about! It was fun to hear from them & was also very nice of them. Just made this proud mom even prouder! (if thats possible!)  We can't wait to hear from him on Christmas, just to hear his voice & honestly I think we are all ready to hear his contagious laugh! We should be able to skype with him which will make things all the better!


 Lots of missionaries! 

 My Book of Mormon display during the open house!

 All of the missionaries, and members after the open house

 Ivan (One of our investigators) and us after church! 

Our Branch Mission Leader Facundo (Soon to be Elder Aguirres, we are waiting for a mission call!) and us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment