Monday, November 4, 2013

!Saludos de Argentina¡

Hola Amigos y Familia

This week has been a great, and very fast week! We have seen alot of little miracles this week and are starting to see results from the work we have been putting in this past week! 

I want to start out by thanking every one for the prayers for Sebastian this week! I had the privledge of baptizing Sebastian Emilio Alejandro Marcial on Saturday November 2, 2013. He was baptized in the Villa España Capilla, Berzategui, Buenos Aires! It was such a neat experience to have the privledge to baptize him. A little background on Sebastian, some of his family are members of the church, but none are active. He doesn´t know his dad, but has a grandma and mom who care for him. He lives with his grandma though. Not a whole lot of good influences in his life, but he is a good kid, and is like a little brother to me! One of the miracles we have seen already come from his baptism is his grandma came to church with him the next day, and I really think that this event will bring her back into the church. She was welcomed with so many open arms at the baptism and at church on sunday! We pray that the example of Sebastian will remind this family of the peace, and happiness that comes from having the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. 

Then yesterday was a crazy day for us as missionaries. We went to drop by an investigators house to get them for church, and they had already left but their little brother came with us. Well we had one more investigator to go get, and truth to be told we were running late because busses are terrible on Sundays. Well we didn´t know wether to go straight for the chapel or go get our other investigator first. Then unbeknowest to me at the time, Elder Garcia had a very strong feeling to go straight to the chapel. So he told me let´s just go to the chapel first. Well it was a good thing we did, because right as we walked in the branch president needed us to go with him immediately to visit a family. The husband had passed away from a heart attack on friday and the mom had not left her bed, because she has been so upset. So we went right away to visit, and are going back tonight to talk about the Plan of Salvation, and how Christ can help us through every problem. Now this subject really gets me, I will be honest I get very emotional in a situation like this. To think well what if that was me, what would I need if it was my dad. All I know is that I am so thankful for the knowledge we have as members of the church as to where we go when we die. And to have that knowledge that families are forever. This family is not members of the  mormon church, and I just pray that the Lord will  bless my companion, the Branch President, and his wife, and I with the spirit tonight so that we will be able to help bring this family into the arms of our Saviour.

After returning to church, we went into the Gospel Principles class that we normally teach, and our other investigator Mario Sanchez was there! And because he attended this week we are set to have his baptism next sunday after church! We were so happy that he came and we didn´t stop by. It was another mini-miracle of our day!  Mario is about 35 years old and has been investigating the church for quite some time, so we are really excited he finally wants to join the church and make that first commitment and step on the path! 

During church a member asked us to give him a blessing of health after church, so we of course agreed! Well after church we met up with him to give the blessing, and if you have never seen a blessing of health it is very simple.There are two parts, the first part we place just a little bit of olive oil on the persons, head and say a prayer, and it is really short and just a simple first part. I usually do this part when we give blessings because I have it written out and can read it off. Then the second part is a prayer specifically for that person, and it is given as we are prompted by the spirit. So no specific wording. Well the brother asked me to give the blessing! I was pretty nervous because it was my first time in spanish. Well I can tell you all the Gift of Tongues as talked about in the bible is real, I gave the entire blessing in spanish and the words that I needed where there, and I felt the spirit very strong. It was such a neat experience that probably helped me more then it help the brother! 

There were some other stuff that happened yesterday that was really cool, but unforunately I am out of time! Maybe next week! I want to talk a little bit though about what I have been studying in the Book of Mormon. It is the Story of Alma and Amulek. Found in the Book of Alma chapter 5 or 6 I believe around there. Quick summary, Alma was a missionary and went to preach in a city that was very wicked and they would not except his messages at all. They through him out of the city, and as he was leaving an angel appeared to him, and told him to return to the city that there would be a man called Amulek who would except him into his house, and he would be able to teach him. Well Amulek was just a regular member of the city, but he excepted the words of Alma and together they were able to team up and teach the people. My message from this story is that for my friends and family at home, to be the member who excepts the missionaries and works with them. I can´t tell you how much stronger a lesson is when we have a member there, and it is everyone´s responsibility to help bring others unto the fold of our Savior. 

That is all for this week! Love you all and I am always praying for you guys! ¡Ciao!

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Hall

Elder Garcia, Hermana Justina (Abuela de Sebastian), Sebastian, Malena (Cousin), and Me!

Me & Sebastian

No comments:

Post a Comment