Monday, July 14, 2014

Good, but kinda sad week!

Buenas Tardes Queridos!

Well another week has come and gone, and I have to say this is a week that I will remember for all of my mission! First of all The 2014 FIFA World Cup Soccer Tournament has been going on for the last month, it only happens every four years and it is HUGE here! And if you didn´t know last night was the finals, it was Argentina verses Germany. Unfortunately Germany won, but still the excitement that everyone has had, has been pretty cool! And it has been pretty crazy! I think I have seen more Argentine Flags, in the last few weeks then I have, and will see in all of my mission combined! Luckily the area I am in is really kicked back so it hasn´t gotten to crazy and we haven´t had to be worried! I will be glad to not have to worry about the games, and to be able to teach all the time, there is no one in the streets and no one opens the door during a game! 

Besides that this has been a pretty sad weekend. On friday night, at one in the morning our neighbor (Hermana Elizabeth, a member of the church) came pounding on the door, telling us that one of the sisters in the ward was really sick, and that she was transfered to a hospital in Capital, and the doctors didn´t think she was going to make it. The sister who was sick has a daughter just older then me, and a son just younger, and she is separated from her husband, and they don´t have to much contact with him. Well we called this bishop, (mind you this is at about 1:30 in the morning) well he was already up, because some one had told him. So in the morning we talked with Hermana Elizabeth, and she didn´t know anything except for the kids had headed back home to get some rest and were going to go back at 2 in the afternoon, because that was when the dr. was going to give a report. About an hour after they left their mom passed away. We didn´t find out until later that afternoon, and then that night we went to the viewing, to try adn give some support to the kids, and to some of the members. Then sunday morning before church there was a small service for her, and then they had the burial. 

I am not going to lie, it was a situation that was very hard for me. To watch two kids, one just older, and one just younger lose their mom. It was hard for me to be in an environment with everyone crying, and just to have that sadness, and it was strange because I found myself wanting more then anything a hug from my mom. I don´t think I have quite had a feeling like that since being in the mission, and as I had this strong sense of urgency and need for that kind of support the thought crossed my mind, you are going to get to hug your mom in another year, he will never have that again. And my heart almost broke. We went home, and as I layed in bed I can´t lie I layed there crying and just praying that these two kids would be able to make it through this trial. 

I have heard people say, ¨I have the gospel in my life, I am prepared if something were to happen to one of my parents.¨Well I can say that isn´t true for me. I am at the most spiritually strong point of my life, and I know for a fact I am not prepared for something like that. We can have the strongest testimony in the world, we can know that one day we will see our loved ones again, but it doesn´t take away the fact that they are not there in that moment. This experience also gave me time to think about how grateful I  am to have the gospel in my life, as hard as situations like these are with the knowledge we have, I seriously could not imagine the pain that would come with out having these teachings. 

In moments like these, I am just thankful for the power of prayer, and the comfort of the Holy Ghost. Although it was sad, I always had the comforting assurance that this was all part of God´s plan, and that he truly is here for us when we need him. My only hope and prayer is that these two kids, are able to feel the same as me, only much stronger! 

Other then this is was a very good week, and I just am so grateful for all that I have, for the blessings in my life, and for this time that I have to be a missionary! It is flying by faster than I can even process it all! Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment