Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Buenas Tardes! :)

Hey Everybody! 

I decided to write a good letter today, because everyone else except for a couple people haven´t been getting informed to well! :) I am doing great here in Spegazzini! We had a crazy week with lots of traveling, meetings, and just random stuff, so I am looking forward to this week to be able to get into a routine of working! Elder Chuliver, and I are getting along great, and I getting to know this area is a little tough, because it really is so big. There is more than a third of the area that I have never been in, and it is most likely that in five weeks my companion will leave and I will be the one directing the area! So it is a big chunk of Argentine meat to try and swallow at once! 

The ward here has tons of members, and there are a good 500 members that currently are not attending church, so we are focused completely in on them, and in their families! Because of this new program that our mission is trying, we don´t knock on doors, or contact people in the street, and really our focus is not on looking for new members. It is now focused in our finding the lost members, and helping them remember the love that our Savior has for them, and then getting them back to church, and baptizing those family members who need to be baptized! I really like it, it honestly is sometimes harder to teach less, and inactive members, then it is to teach someone who has never even heard of the church. We have to study harder, pray harder, and honestly be better missionaries all around, to help these families remember the feelings and testimonies they once had of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Already we have seen results and this week I had some special experiences, as we listened to, and honestly shared some of the problems and doubts that these members had, and I know that the Lord used us to help them out. I felt his guidance, and his words, and I know that this family has a different outlook on things. I also know it was because we took the time to listen to them, and then wait for the guidance of the spirit that we were able to help them feel the spirit, and give them the desires to attend church on Sunday. One thing that I am learning now, that is a lesson for us all, is that sometimes, even when the other person really doesn't have a reason to be angry, or to have acted the way they did, we should listen to them first. There are times when it is hard to go into a situation and not drop the cane on someone even when they deserve it, but I know that as we take the time to listen to the concerns and problems of others, and wait for the guidance of the Holy Ghost we will be able to resolve ALL situations, and we will be better people! 

I also have to throw in a Feliz Día de la Madre (even though it is a little late!) to all of the wonderful women who in one way or another were mothers to me! I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to speak with my mom (and the family) yesterday, and I can´t tell you all how happy I was to know that they are all doing good, that they are safe, and healthy, and that they are blessed. There is nothing more important in my life than my family, and as hard as it is for me to be away from them, to miss the ball games of Garret, reading a storybook with Russ, the preschool graduation of Laynee, scaring boys away from Mak, talking with my mom every night, and working along side my Dad, I know that it is all worth it. And the joy that I receive from helping other families be more united definitely helps me cope with being away from mine! We ALL should enjoy the time that we have with our family, and with our friends, because at the end of the day, there is NOTHING in this life (when accompanied with the Gospel) more important than our relationships with others. I love you all, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you! Have a great week! 

Elder Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment