Monday, August 3, 2015

Saving the Best for Last!

My Dear friends and family,

Well it is pretty outrageous to think that this moment has finally come. I remember getting into the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and thinking, ¨I am never going to get home...this is never going to end,¨ then about halfway through my mission I remember thinking, ¨man this is passing by pretty quick but I still lack a ton until I go home¨ and well today you all are going to get my thoughts about my last week in the mission.

Honestly it is probably one of the strangest feelings I have ever felt in my life, to think of coming home it gives me butterflys in my stomach, and a heart split in two. One half is torn to leave this amazing country and the people that I have come to love so much and then the other half is doing all it can to get back to arizona the fastest possible so it is such a huge mix of emotions.

It honestly makes me pretty emotional to think about all of it. I will be honest I am so sad to have to take off my plack and return back to being a normal person. For the last two years I have had the priviledge to wear the Savior´s name everday upon my chest and I have been able to be one of His representatives. I can not even begin to describe how much I have learned and honestly for how honored I feel to have served as a missionary. This week my prayers have been especially focused in on thanking my Heavenly Father for everything that He has given and for be so pacient and merciful with me during these last two years.

A missionaries service is something much bigger and has so many more sides to it that one could never imagine unless you have experienced what it is to be a full time missionary. During these last two years I have had many doors slammed in my face, had my heart broken by people who decided to stop listening, frustrated to the point of tears, and humbled to some pretty low points. A mission is not easy by any means, but I can tell you it has been the BEST thing I have ever done in my life. Becuase for every hard experience I have had there has always been a happy moment that penetrated deep into my heart that filled the emptiness that some of these experiences can bring.

As I have examined the life of my Savior Jesus Christ I have come to realize that it was never easy for Him and He was perfect! So that means it could never be easy for me if I am a sinner full of weaknesses. Then thinking a little deeper on that same thought it is thanks to life of this magnificent man that each of us can become better. If it would have been easy for Him we wouldn´t be able to trust in Him and know that He truly understands us. Many times I have been lifted up by the strong promptings of the Spirit and by the power of Christ´s Atonement. The thousand times that I fell He has lifted me up and I know for a fact He will continue to do the same. That is the great message of the gospel that thanks to what this Man did we each can start over again and that there is always hope. And it is this hope that has changed so many people and continues to change others. It truly is a miracle.

I have been a personal witness to the mighty changes of heart that people can have when they listen and APPLY the restored gospel to their lives. I have seen people healed of their sicknesses, I have watched families that were torn apart come together again in love and unity with Christ being the center of their home, and I have seen time after time the hand of the Lord work wonders in the lives of every single person that has made the effort to sincerly pray and study the scriptures each day and attend church on sunday. The gospel is so simple and our Heavenly Father is so ready to bless us He just waits for us to act first.

My dear friends and familly that have stuck with me for so long week after week reading me drag on about all that goes on in my life, I want to thank you for all of the love, prayers and support that you sent each week wether it was written or just a random thought every now and again. I know 100% that I could not have done this with out all of your help. Your prayers were felt and I will forever be greatful for the support that you have shown me.

As a representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I add my testimony to those of all the great missionaries that have come before me. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I have recieved a very personal witness that this church is His. I have prayed, fasted and studied and the spirit has testified to me time after time that God truly has restored what was lost after the death of Christ and His Apostles. I know Joseph Smith was called to be a Prophet of God and that by the power of God not only did he restore the original church of Christ upon the earth again but he also translated one of the greatest gifts God has ever given to His children, The Book of Mormon. There is no greater proof that this is the true church than this amazing piece of work. I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon and for the strength I get from it. I have been so priviledged over the last two years to worked in the Vineyard of the Lord and I will thank him everyday for the rest of my life for what He gave me, when He sacrificed His Son. My only hope is that one day I can become just half the man that He is.

I want you all to know how much I love you and for how thankful I am for each of you. So that everyone knows I will be getting home Tuesday August 11th at 9:24 am in terminal 3 at Phoenix Sky Harbor those who wish to come are invited! But if you can´t make it during the week everyone is invited to my homecoming talk Sunday August 16th at 8:30am at the church on Eason in Buckeye, we will then have brunch at the house for anyone who would like to stop by!  Love you all. Nos Veremos muy pronto.

This is Elder Hall signing out for the last time...

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment