Thursday, October 16, 2014

Una Semana Mas! :)

Buenos Días mis muy Queridos Amigos,

Hope everyone has had a good week, we did! We spent a lot of time teaching this week, and preparing for a baptism that we are going to have this next weekend! Florencia Silva who is the daughter of a less-active family is going to get baptized! She had her interview on Sunday, and it went really well! I have been working with her family since I got to this area, and finally they are all attending church as a family. I have shared some pretty rough experiences with this family, from battling alcoholism, to just doing the simple things like reading scriptures, and saying prayers. In church on sunday Hermana Silva got up and shared her testimony and it was a special moment for me to hear her express her gratitude for coming back to the church, and the happiness that they have found since they came back. It just made everything worth it, to hear her testimony, and I was able to feel the spirit, and just be thankful that I have been able to help out this family!

Also on Sunday Bruno got up, and shared his testimony even though he is only 9 years old and has only been a member of the church for a little over a month you would think he has grown up going to primary since he was a little kid! It has been an amazing experience to watch him, and his family change as they have accepted the gospel into their lives again. Seriously this family has made a 180 degree change, and all they did was start going to church, start reading their scriptures, and say their prayers. 3 super simple things that literally have changed their world. It makes me think what simple things could we do to change our worlds? 

My companion and I have been talking a lot about how most of our investigators are kids of less-active members, and just kinda thinking about things and wondering what people are going to say when we are only baptizing little kids, and then the thought came to me. I came on my mission to help out families, because I wanted others to have what my family has, and so far teaching the kids has been working really well to reactivate the whole family, and it gets more people even closer to entering into the temple to be able to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity. I have really come to feel that one of my purposes here in the mission is to help out those less-active families in the church, it seems to be a blessing that the lord has given me! (Now if i could only get MY less active family to go to church! Hint..hint..) 

Alright so I did make a video yesterday morning but I am having heck getting it uploaded so we will see when it actually makes it! I hope you all know how much I love and think about ya! Have a great week! 

Elder Hall 

 My dessert from last weeks all you can eat restaurant Pear Crepes with a sugar glaze, and vanilla ice cream! Yum! 

 After lunch!

 Familia Manzanos! They are awesome! She is fluent in english, and works for designing church magazines!

 Happy Birthday lovebug! :) 

 Preparing for lunch yesterday! I have gotten pretty good at cooking these days, we made Pastel de Papas wich would be like a sheperds pie! It was super good! 

Chow Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment